Burt Award for Caribbean Literature
Finalists for Inaugural Burt Award for Caribbean Literature Announced
CODE is proud to announce the finalists of its inaugural Burt Award for Caribbean Literature. The shortlisted titles (in alphabetical order) are:
- Island Princess in Brooklyn by Diane Browne, Jamaica (published by Carlong)
- All Over Again by A-dZiko Gegele, Jamaica (published by Blouse & Skirt Books)
- Barrel Girl by Glynis Guevara, Trinidad and Tobago (manuscript to be published)
- Musical Youth by Joanne Hillhouse, Antigua and Barbuda (manuscript to be published)
- Abraham’s Treasure by Joanne Skerrett, Dominica (published by Papillote Press)
- Inner City Girl by Colleen Smith Dennis, Jamaica (published by LMH Publishing)
The finalists were selected by a jury administered by The Bocas Lit Fest and made up of writers, literacy experts and academics from the Caribbean and Canada.
The three winners of the first edition of this annual Award will be announced on April 25th, 2014 at a Gala to be held as part of the NGC Bocas Lit Fest in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. Congrats to all the finalists!
In partnership with: