The latest article in the Ottawa Citizen’s THE WRAP: "Mothers' of Literacy support daughters' education"
October 20, 2010
By Catherine Macnab – Project Manager, CODE
Adult learners assured the visitors that it was a bad day to visit because the instructor had just returned from being ill. In the village, where most people do not have a clock or other timepiece, people watch the sun and keep an eye on the tree where the class meets to know when it is time to gather for lessons. After the teacher’s absence, it will take several days for all the students to return to class.
… Read more – Mothers of Literacy support daughters’ education (PDF)
CODE has started contributing regular literacy-themed articles in a new Ottawa Citizen feature called “The Wrap” - a four-page pull-out section delivered Wednesdays, as part of the Ottawa Citizen’s Flyer Force delivery, and Fridays, to home delivery subscribers!
The column will be shared with other literacy organizations and partners of CODE and is a wonderful opportunity for CODE to share its literacy stories.
- Sept 1, 3 – Projectcode.ca Gets Youth Spreading the Word about Literacy (PDF)
- Sept 8, 10 – Ottawa Mother of Four Conquers Kilimanjaro for Literacy (PDF)
- – (Online article)
- Sept 15, 17 – we(e) press (PDF)
- Sept 22, 24 – Education for all: A goal worth having and a promise worth keeping (PDF)
- Sept 29- Oct 1 – TD Summer Reading Club (PDF)
- Oct 6, 8 – The Best is Yet to Come (PDF)
- Oct 13, 15 – IBBY Canada helps children share books around the world (PDF)
- Oct 20, 22 – Mothers of Literacy support daughters' education (PDF)